Well, at least one person likes me. Terry, over at 8 Kids and a Business, has decided to give me (and 10 others) the Super Blog-a-Thon award!
Apparently there are some rules I need to follow if I accept. Well, challenge accepted!
1. Each person tagged must post 11 things about themselves.
2. They must also answer the 11 questions the “tagger” has set for them.
3. They must create 11 more questions to ask bloggers they have decided to tag.
4. They must then choose 11 bloggers and tag them in their post.
5. These “lucky” bloggers must then be told.
6. No tag backs.
Unlike Terry, I am totally going to tell you 11 things about myself. I’m just that kind of gal.
1. My name is Bridget, but people call me Bridgie, Bridge, Mom, and Aunt.
2. I am the youngest of 16 kids.
3. Yes, 16.
4. I have 8 brothers and 7 sisters.
5. I have 45 nieces and nephews.
6. I have 5 children.
7. I’m expecting for the 7th time in December.
8. I know those numbers don’t add up. Go read this: All the Time, God Is Good.
9. I graduated from Seton Hall with a B. A. in Religious Studies and in English, and with minors in both Latin and Catholic Studies.
10. My family calls me a “degree whore”
11. I can play the accordion, the recorder, and the piano (a bit).
Here are the questions from Terry:
- Did you floss your teeth today? No. As my sister said to her dentist, “I’m a grown woman. I can’t be shamed into doing it.” 🙂
- What did you have for dinner? Smashed Potato Soup. Nom. Nom. Nom.
- Superman or Batman? Ooh, a toughie. Batman. Because it’s all him. And because Adam West is hilarious.
- If you could have dinner with one person in all of history, who would it be and why? I’ll go with C. S. Lewis, because he rocks. Seriously, one of if not my all time favorite authors.
- If you had one day to do whatever you want, what would you do? Take my kids and husband to the Vatican.
- If you could only eat one thing for the rest of your life, what would it be? Baked macaroni and cheese, the way my family makes it. Because — does this one really need an explanation?
- The Flash or Green Lantern? Another superhero question. Do you have mostly boys? The Flash, because of that Green Lantern controversy.
- Ice cream OR apple pie? Ice cream, because baked apples are yucky.
- Who said: “Unless you strive after virtues and practice them, you will never grow to be more than dwarfs.” I had to look this one up, which is funny, because Teresa of Avila is one of my favorites.
- A horse jumps over a castle. The castle disappears. Why is no one surprised? Clever. Are you talking about that logic question? It’s a game of chess.
- Who said: “What does he gain who refuses the cross? He increases its weight.” Another one I had to look up. Again, I love St. Alphonsus Liguori.
And now, it’s my turn. Here are 11 questions for my chosen bloggers to answer:
1. What’s your favorite fantasy world (please don’t say wherever the heck Harry Potter is from)?
2. Favorite prayer?
3. What color is the sky in your world?
4. Are you addicted to Pinterest too?
5. Would you be interested in potty training my 2 year old for me?
6. Favorite flavor of ice cream?
7. Coffee or tea?
8. Star Trek fan?
9. What is your idea of the perfect date?
10. Finish the quote and tell me why it’s from one of the best movies/plays ever: “It profit a man nothing to give his soul for the whole world, but for ___________ ___________”
11. What’s your best parenting tip?
And here’s my list of 11 “lucky” bloggers:
1. Harvey Millican
2. Vanderbilt Wife
3. The Heart of St. Gianna
4. Catholic Inspired
5. Because My Life Is Fascinating
6. Lord Make Me a Saint
7. Square Peg in a Round Hole
8. Equipping Catholic Families
9. Mama Sick
10. St. Clement Family Blog
11. A Shower of Roses
And finally, it’s time for me to get a’tagging.
I know, I’m way too excited over this. But what can I say? I appreciate the power of positive reinforcement. 🙂